Image Map

Tuesday

2012 in review


The New Year has come around oh so fast and I actually can’t believe that one of the best years of my life is over. 2012, I’ve got to hand it to you - you were amazing. If someone were to have told me this time last year what was in store for me, I don’t think I would have quite believed them. It was one of the most formative years of my life to date, and I know all that crazy change I have experienced is going to continue long into 2013. For a while now I have lived by the motto “change and creation”, and the past 12 months have so perfectly summed that up. So before I jump headfirst into the next chapter, here’s a little reflection on the year that was - what I got up to, the highlights and the pinch-me moments:
  • Beginning my first job in journalism after a stint of work experience in January. The West Australian has been the greatest learning experience imaginable and I find myself thinking daily, “I love my work!” It’s going to be so sad to leave in a few weeks when we move to Sydney.
  • Holding the second White Elephant vintage clothing sale with my pal Robyn before she flew the coop for the fab city of Melbourne.
  • Watching three of my favourite musical acts live: Death Cab for Cutie, Bon Iver and Sigur Ros.
  • Travelling to Sydney for a few days to take part in a fun blogger project.
  • Speaking of Sydney, planning and preparing for said move. I have been dreaming of this for years and the time has finally come.
  • Attending the second annual Christmas in July do at our friend Alice’s house. That girl always puts on a fabulous soiree.
  • Overhauling my health and fitness. This was one of the biggest accomplishments of my past few years and one I am keen to talk about in more detail in the near future.
  • Marc and I entering our seventh year of dating and growing better together every day.
  • And here’s the big one: getting married! What a journey that was, from the scheming, to the engagement photo shoot, to the big day itself. Photos aren’t too far away I promise!
Check back tomorrow for my 2013 plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment