Image Map

Monday

Honeymoon Time




our idyllic resort / napolitan on the journey from the airport / the resort again

Apologies for my lack of posting this past week. Truth be told I have been an absolute ball of stress what with our last proper week in Perth and preparing for our honeymoon. But once we were on the plane among the clouds all my worries melted away and for the first time in weeks I felt really peaceful and excited for the adventure that awaits.

The first stop on our journey is Mauritius, which I have been wanting to visit forever what with it being Marc's motherland and all. We arrived at 5.30pm local time and even though it got dark quickly after that, I saw enough of the island to already be gobsmacked at just how beautiful it is. Fields upon fields of sugar cane, incredible mountains and bucket loads of colour. Even better was Marc's aunt meeting us with a box full of napolitain, the sweet little pink biscuit-cakes that are a local delicacy and my absolute favourite.

Can't wait to share more as we go along, but until then 'Bonsoir'!

3 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely beautiful! Have an amazing honeymoon, hope it's all you dreamed it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful, Napolitan for breakfast... Did Hensy or Ivy meet you? Please have a few for us and please, please have some dahl purri for ME!!
    If you see family, please give them our best, so from us Happy Holiday, Mauritian style.

    R&R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and am so glad I did! I'm a fellow (new) Perth blogger who is also planning a wedding, and I'm loving going back into your wedding-related posts. It's also lovely to see so many familiar WA backgrounds in your photos. Enjoy your honeymoon!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete