Image Map

Tuesday

Wedding: the set up














Hooray, I finally have Internet! Which means it's wedding photo time. But be warned - I just started my new Sydney job this week so posting will still be a little here and there until I adjust to this new schedule.

So the first instalment today is the set up. My sister and maid of honour Lucy and I spent the night in Fremantle at bed and breakfast Fothergills, where we also got ready and where Marc and I stayed after the wedding. I remember being surprised at how easily I fell asleep the night before as I thought the excitement would get the better of me, and then when I woke up I felt really calm too. For those who know me, I have the tendency to be a bit of a stress-head but on the day I just felt so chill and ready to do this thing.

My other girls arrived after Lucy and I had had breakfast and the hair and makeup soon began after. Though most of the wedding was a DIY affair, about six weeks before the day I almost had a heart attack about how the venues would be set up without me, so I hired the amazing Jessica Butcher to do the set up and on the day styling. This was one of the best decisions I made throughout the whole planning process. Jess was a dream to work with and I felt she captured my ideas perfectly, and then worked to make them even better. She is also the sweetest person and I really hope we stay friends long after the post-wedding hype has died down!

Though I trusted Jess completely, I always had it in my mind that I would go to the ceremony venue on the day to put a few things in their place. Almost as a coping mechanism to know what I would be arriving to later in the day. So with my hair full of rollers and running a little behind my prep schedule, I went with Jess, our photographers Christine and Ruby and my flower girl Yasmine to the Fremantle Town Hall where the ceremony would later begin. This involved running around hanging bunting, placing hand-stamped name cards on the front row for family and ensuring the layout was just as I imagined. Looking back, those 30 minutes spent setting up the ceremony was a wonderful memory and helped calm my nerves for when I later walked down the aisle.

Up next: Something old, something new...

photographer: Christine Lim / second photographer: Ruby Yeo / styling: The Butcher, The Baker, The Stylist & Creator / bunting: Bunted / hankies: eBay / paper goods: Yellow Brick Graphics / everything else: vintage or DIY / venue: Fremantle Town Hall

2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is little Fothergills? I spent my first anniversary with my husband there over 11 years ago! I can't wait to see the next installment of your vintage vows....
    -Adelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is already beginning to sound like a lovely story unraveling! Can't wait to read more about it!!xx

    ReplyDelete