Image Map

Thursday

Wedding: bridal portraits






























Most people can only hope to get a few choice photos from their big day at best that are 'frame-able'. You know, the ones you send to everyone and display in your house for all to see. So when I got back the photos from Christine Lim I actually could not believe my eyes. There were just so many shots I loved, and actually found it a somewhat daunting process to cut them down to a more manageable number. That is a good thing though! Christine and Ruby just went so above and beyond what I could have imagined and I am so glad to have these photos that I can look at for the rest of my life.

Between the ceremony and reception we had about an-hour-and-a-half to pose for bridal shots in the nearby streets. We were lucky that Fremantle is just so gosh darn photogenic - there are buildings and walls and lane ways at every corner that just beg to be photographed, and it was actually a pretty simple task to wander about and stop whenever our photographers had a great idea. I really love the mix of candid shots with the more posed photos, it's a nice balance and gave rise to many unexpected treasures.

I am also grateful for the crazy wind on the day (though I didn't feel that way at the time, haha). It was a lovely 20 degrees celsius on the day and though the rain threatened us early on, it stayed away except for a tiny sprinkling in the morning. I am told it's actually good luck for it to rain on your wedding day, so I wasn't complaining. But the wind, oh my. That was a force to contend with. But seeing these photos, how the wind picked up the tulle of my dress and threw it in all directions - I think that's mighty pretty. Thanks, Mother Nature.

photographer: Christine Lim / second photographer: Ruby Yeo

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey! You look gorgeous! These photos are amazing. Your photogs are tops! Congratulations on getting hitched and being so damn stunning!

    Liz
    GYPSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I really love the mix of candid shots with the more posed photos, it's a nice balance and gave rise to many unexpected treasures." - I completely agree and love your words. Mother nature was great to us that day. Beautiful photos. Such an attractive bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are all beautiful. Your blog is so amazing and I've enjoyed reading all about your wedding. You are too cute, miss!

    -Courtney
    www.alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics ofthe whole wedding...well done

    ReplyDelete