Image Map

Tuesday

Wedding: before the ceremony









Right about the time these photos were taken, we were in a taxi. Yep, you heard that right. The other bridesmaids, my dad and I caught a maxi taxi to the ceremony. Cars were never something I fantasised about when planning our big day, and I was not at all interested in shelling out hundreds of dollars for a vehicle to take us about 1km down the road. It was a good way to save cash and it's not like anyone actually saw us getting out any way. It makes for a really fun memory to look back on, and I'll never forget the look on the driver's face when he saw a bride was getting into his car!

I had my dear friend Chani man the door at the Fremantle Town Hall to hand out programs and a vintage-look hanky for all the female guests. The hankies were a sweet touch I had planned since we first decided to get married, and I enjoyed seeing the patterns that each lady ended up with. Having Chani was an absolute heaven send for more than just toting baskets though - when we arrived I almost walked into the foyer only to be told Marc was waiting in there with the door wide open, and Chani was the only person I could reach by phone to coordinate entering without Marc seeing me - quite the challenge let me tell you! I am so glad I had her to help on the day, it really made such a difference to my psyche knowing that I could rely on her no matter what.

As for the decor for the ceremony, I decided to keep it super simple and let the majestic interior of the hall do all the talking. An easel at the front reminded guests they were in the right place, while custom bunting from Bunted was strung up along the balcony in the main hall. We constructed aisle markers using stacks of vintage suitcases my mother had been collecting over the year to act as an entrance to the aisle. The smaller suitcases on top were stuffed with tulle and peony arrangements that seemed to drip out from the sides, and two gold flamingos were thrown in for a bit of quirk. You will notice that animals make their way into a lot more of the details to come! A simple lace and crocheted table cloth was thrown over the signing table, which also had a few jars of flowers on top. And lastly, a handmade glitter garland reading 'magic surrounds' was hung at the front of the stage right where Marc and I were set to stand.

I also thought I would throw in these two lovely photos of Marc's niece and nephew, who are the most photogenic little people I know!

photographer: Christine Lim / second photographer: Ruby Yeo / styling: The Butcher, The Baker, The Stylist & Creator / hankies: eBay / paper goods: Yellow Brick Graphics / everything else: vintage or DIY / venue: Fremantle Town Hall

2 comments:

  1. Chani looks gorgeous as always, I love the handkerchief idea, so cute. Looking forward to more stories and photos!
    x Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you make it all sound so simple! So much love and effort went into preparing all these lovely details - you did such a great job.

    Really lovely reading all about them again.

    ReplyDelete