Image Map

Tuesday

Wedding: during the ceremony



















And here culminates the whole point of the day - the ceremony! Marc and I were keen to keep things short and sweet but it was also really important to us that the ceremony reflected our views on the world, and on love. Our celebrant Shannon was so helpful in tailoring the service to make it just what we wanted. We chose three simple readings that were not only from two of our favourite books, but really echoed our shared values. It was lovely to have my aunt, Marc's cousin and our sister-in-law read them on the day.

Knowing what song we wanted to walk down and back up the aisle to was one of the only things we had decided before the wedding. Sigur Ros is one of our all-time favourite bands (we were lucky enough to see them live just a few weeks before the wedding), and ever since I first heard the song below I knew it would have a special place in my life. Just listening to it gives me goosebumps, and I don't think I will ever tire of listening to it. Hear it for yourself below:

Starálfur by Sigur Rós on Grooveshark

Marc's mother was very keen to walk him down the aisle as opposed to him and his groomsmen walking in through the side and waiting, which worked perfectly with the length and ebb of the song. But I can tell you what, it was absolutely nerve-wracking when we all lined up and each person walked out one by one until it was just me and my dad left to go out. Talk about pressure! One thing I hadn't planned so well was how I was actually going to get onto the stage in my dress. The stage had two side staircases and I had walked up them many times before, but attempting to do so in a wedding gown was a whole other ball game. I got a little caught on my way up but managed to make it in one piece, thank god.

The ceremony went by in the blink of an eye, I actually couldn't believe it when the chords of our recessional song began to play and it was time to make our exit. We chose another one of Sigur Ros' songs for that too:

Hoppipolla by Sigur Rós on Grooveshark

It was such a magical moment to walk hand in hand with my new husband through all our loved ones, who had broken into loud applause. I couldn't keep the smile off my face and even did a bit of a bouquet-pump in excitement!

photographer: Christine Lim / second photographer: Ruby Yeo / styling: The Butcher, The Baker, The Stylist & Creator / celebrant: Shannon Fleming / bunting: Bunted / hankies: eBay / everything else: vintage or DIY / venue: Fremantle Town Hall

1 comment:

  1. Perfect music choices and perfect choice of Bride.

    ReplyDelete