Image Map

Saturday

Jazzy Nail Art

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nail art is a major trend that doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, but while we can admire celebs' designs on the red carpet from afar, it's a whole different ball game trying to find someone in Perth who is willing to branch out from the French manicure and have a bit of fun with nail art. Enter industrious Perth gal Bobbi Jo Divitini, who I had the pleasure of meeting through swing dancing a while ago. With a love for all things beautifying, Bobbi Jo saw a gap in the market for a boutique nail art service catering to lasses wanting to adorn their talons with something that reflects their personality.

Ever since she launched her business Jazzy Nail Art I have been eagerly following Bobbi Jo's Facebook and Instagram feeds to catch a glimpse of what design she will take on next. This gal has serious talent in the nail department, and I was so excited to go into her new residence at Peggy Sue's salon to try out her services.

Though I am not usually one for look at me nails, I thought for this purpose I'd go for something a bit out there that really shows off Bobbi Jo's skills, so I opted for pointy gel nails with hearts on the tips. This look would be so great for a ball or wedding, and I love the Lana del Rey vibe of the points. Through my photos I have shown a bit of the process, from having the gel applied to the nail art on top. And of course I couldn't resist snapping Bobbi Jo's own glittery nails!

I would highly recommend paying Bobbi Jo a visit for nails that command attention, be it for a special event or to add a little glamour to every day life. She's a delight to have a chat with, making the time pass super fast. And not only is Bobbi Jo a nail art whiz but she also offers makeup and hairstyling, what a clever gal indeed! Here's a little Q&A I did with the lady herself to get a feel for what she offers:
  • Best celebrity nail inspiration? Zooey Deschanel
  • Top trends to try? Fruit for the warmer months, cute cat faces or high-density glitter
  • Favourite design performed to date? Totoro-themed nails (so cute!)
  • Services offerred? Nail art and manicures plus she is also getting into acrylic and gel nails
  • Price point? Manicures start at $25
{Disclaimer: the services provided at Jazzy Nail Art were provided free of charge in exchange for a review. However the opinions expressed here are my own and care has been taken to ensure a fair and honest review.}

2 comments:

  1. Nice write up and pictures. I like your reference to talons. Very cool.

    Really like the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heart shaped tips are sooo cute! most innovative manicure i've seen in awhile. xo

    ReplyDelete