Image Map

Sunday

Norwich














flower shop in the market square / delighted by snowfall / Norwich Cathedral / deer at the natural history museum / the cottage we stayed in / vintage tin collection / old gate / tombstones at the cathedral / Norwich Castle / cute vintage shop / inside the castle / telephone boxes / castle bridge

After our day in Cambridge we spent the night at Marc's aunt and cousin's cottage in Briston, Norfolk. The next day we rose to take in the sights of Norwich, the region's largest town. As Marc's cousin Hannah studied museology it was like having our own private tour guide to show us all there is to know about the area, from the giant cathedral to the old Norman castle on the hill. Not only was a section of the castle preserved to give you a feel for what it was like in its heyday, it is also home to several exhibits including my favourite, the natural history museum. Three of the taxidermy lions were so realistic that I got the shock of my life when I turned around only to have them staring me in the eye!

If you're in the area I seriously recommend checking Norwich out - there's lots to see and do and makes the perfect day trip from London. There's even a vegetarian cafe which was so perfect for us! We were also lucky enough to experience a little snow while in Norfolk, still a fairytale feeling to us because it doesn't snow in Australia's cities. I must have looked like a bit of a loon running around in the gently falling snow but I was too exhilarated to care.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place, I've never actually visited the town properly, I might have a daytrip there now thoughxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been despite having family that live there. I want to go. Love that shot of all the tins so much!


    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete