Image Map

Saturday

Cambridge

















King's College / juice at the market / ducks in the river / Fitzwilliam Museum / cupcakes / market square / bike baskets / St John's College / royal baby commemorative mugs / punts in the River Cam / Senate House / bulbs at the market / King's College again / I thought this man was real! / warm cider / bike city

I have a confession to make. I didn't take a single photo with my camera the whole time we were in London. I brought it with me plenty of times, but we were just moving so fast that I never whipped it out to capture a moment, preferring to use Instagram. So lazy of me! But I did take quite a few photos when we visited the university town of Cambridge for the day. We thought it was a good stop while en route to Norwich, and rather than taking a guided tour around the colleges as most do we instead chose to take a leisurely stroll to see what we could discover ourselves.

One thing that struck me about Cambridge was just how many bikes were parked everywhere. Seriously, I saw more bikes than people and they came in every form and colour. I guess that's what happens when you throw a bunch of students all together in the same place! Something that I also found rather odd was that while passing through a touristy gift shop we found a set of knick knacks and mugs announcing the royal baby. These commemorative mug companies sure move fast! I actually wanted to buy one just for a laugh but I didn't come across them again in London. But in all honestly, I feel a bit sorry for Kate and Wills for this feverish public interest in their lives - and that's coming from a girl who writes about celebrities for a living!

3 comments:

  1. I love Cambridge so much, I love how you've managed to capture the main concepts but also the small details which make it so brilliant all in one post.
    I'm going to Cambridge tomorrow and that pasty shop with the fisherman on the balcony is perfection, hope you had a chance to check it out, the interior decor is so good tooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the bikes, it's such a great city. Would be amazing to study there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Cambridge. One of my favourite places in all the world. A wonderful friend took me to The Orchard Tea Gardens, and read Virginia Woolf out aloud. My idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete