Image Map

Friday

Insta-Home



In the midst of all the wedding posting we moved across the country and shacked up in a cute little pink cottage in Sydney. I'm going to be honest and say that the relocation has been a real challenge so far, but the shining ray of light in my days is making the cottage feel as much like home as possible.

I've been having fun re-discovering my decorating style, which I think has changed a lot since we set up our last place two years ago. The touch of vintage is still there but rather channelled into more of an industrial look. There's more colour, pinks in particular but in a non-girly way, and lots of geometric shapes. And we have already DIYed so many projects with many more on the list. I think home DIYs are my very favourite kind.

Without further ado, here's a little peek into our house via my good pal Instagram:
  1. We threw an Ikea faux sheepskin over this replica Eames rocker and Chloe has claimed it as her official throne.
  2. That's our little house right there, pokey thing that it is.
  3. Gave this Ikea footstool a simple DIY treatment by painting it half white. Now we have one on each side of the bed as our night stands.
  4. Globe, wedding guestbook and leftover wedding favours.
  5. One corner of the room with the vintage suitcases we transported our clothes over in.
  6. I like storing my jewellery on trays atop my dressers so I can see what I have.
  7. $13 Ikea bookshelves, you can't get much better than that!
  8. DIY macrame plant hangers I whipped up in five minutes apiece. Sadly the herbs are now dead so I need to find some more indoor-friendly plants for the jars.
  9. Marc sanding away on our DIY dining table. That's right, we made our dining table from scratch! Look forward to sharing this process soon.
  10. Vintage sewing machine stand that I am looking at turning into a bar cart.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love the faux sheepskin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this place, great photos. You really captured all the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete